[graalvm-users] Confused about GraalVM <--> Oracle Java current status

Thomas Wuerthinger thomas.wuerthinger at oracle.com
Wed Oct 24 05:57:34 PDT 2018

Most of the questions below cannot be answered by the GraalVM project, but are rather questions for the OpenJDK project.

The GraalVM project currently provides release candidate binaries for GraalVM CE and GraalVM EE based on OpenJDK 8u172 for Linux and Mac (https://www.graalvm.org/downloads/). Our intention is to base GraalVM CE on the latest JDK version distributed by OpenJDK. Also, we are working towards Windows support for all versions, but there is no fixed date yet when we will be able to distribute those Windows versions. There is a limited Windows binary technology preview for GraalVM EE (currently only support for JVM-based languages and no support for native images, JavaScript, Ruby, or R) available at the end of the download page at https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oracle-labs/program-languages/downloads/index.html.

Regards, thomas