[graalvm-users] Confused about GraalVM <--> Oracle Java current status

yikes aroni yikesaroni at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 05:57:52 PDT 2018

I'm trying to figure out when graal will be available as part of official
releases of the JVM. I've found a lot of info on graal from a technical
pov, but the info about Oracle's plans is (at least what i've found),
partial and / or inconsistent. My understanding is that Graalis bundled
into Java 11, however the details aren't clear (to me):

* Apparently graalvm in JVM 11 only works under MacOS / Linux? If so, when
will it be available for Windows?

* What GraalVM features are included in Java 11?

* Are any (all?) parts of Graal in Java 11 considered production-ready?

* the graalvm.org site makes a distinction between CE and EE -- which one
is incorporated into Java 11? Is Oracle planning to charge a licensing fee?

Anyone have some definitive info answering these questions?

thank you.