[rds-devel] patches merged and when to upstream (was: Re: [git pull] fixes to recv inc/frag cache)

Zach Brown zach.brown at oracle.com
Thu Jun 24 10:50:59 PDT 2010

> Thanks, I've merged and squashed the patches, and rebased my devel branch on oss with the changes. I think that recv recycling patch is looking pretty durn nice!

Yeah!  I looked over the resulting patch and it's looking a lot stronger.

> BTW one thing I've had to watch for in merging patches from you and Chris is sometimes eol whitespace sneaks in..

Yeah, sorry.  That's a long standing habit of mine.  The vim comment autoformatting likes to inject spaces in weird places and I always forget to check for it.  I'll throw together a script that runs checkpatch as I generate pull requests so that I don't have to remember.

> if you add:
>
> [diff]
> 	color = auto
>
> to your ~/.gitconfig, eol whitespace shows up as red in git diff/show so it's easy to spot.

Nice, I didn't know about that trick.  Thanks.

> I also have some more patch cleanups, and need to get some changelogs from Chris, but maybe we can freeze the tree by... EOD Monday, test for a few days, then pull-request DaveM Thurs July 1?

My gut is worried that it'll take longer than that, but my gut can be a big whiner.  I love the idea.

- z