[rds-devel] patches merged and when to upstream (was: Re: [git pull] fixes to recv inc/frag cache)

Andy Grover andy.grover at oracle.com
Wed Jun 23 20:55:52 PDT 2010

Hi Zach!

Thanks, I've merged and squashed the patches, and rebased my devel
branch on oss with the changes. I think that recv recycling patch is
looking pretty durn nice!

BTW one thing I've had to watch for in merging patches from you and
Chris is sometimes eol whitespace sneaks in.. if you add:

[diff]
	color = auto

to your ~/.gitconfig, eol whitespace shows up as red in git diff/show so
it's easy to spot.

Oh one other thing, I rebased the rds patches from ofed to mainline on
the devel-against-mainline branch 2 weeks ago, but that branch has
fallen behind. I know you're working on some more rmmod fixes against
devel, so after you've got that the way you want I was going to refresh
devel-against-mainline, do a little testing, and try to get everything
upstream in net-next.

I also have some more patch cleanups, and need to get some changelogs
from Chris, but maybe we can freeze the tree by... EOD Monday, test for
a few days, then pull-request DaveM Thurs July 1?

-- Andy