[rds-devel] [git pull] fixes to recv inc/frag cache

Zach Brown zach.brown at oracle.com
Tue Jun 22 14:47:20 PDT 2010

Hey Andy,

Here's my first pass at those fixes to the recv inc/frag cache that we talked about.  The first patch is actually a silly unrelated fix, but it's obvious.

The rest of the patches make up our experiment to fix up work-in-progress patches in the series.  I tried to keep them super small so each is easy to audit on its own.  Each, once verified, should be merged with d34f7c7eae2d75344d8969757031e66dcdd9696d.  I arbitrarily chose "REBASE" as a subject prefix to tell us that we want to fold those patches back into the devel branch before pushing the result to the outside world :).

These survived rds-stress bcopy over here.  Let me know if there's anything I need to fix up.

The following changes since commit 6cc40ca4e7d4708298c5a695c06f156c2698254b:
  Andy Grover (1):
        remove unused XLIST_PTR_TAIL and xlist_protect()

are available in the git repository at:

  git://oss.oracle.com/git/zab/ofed-1.5-linux-2.6.git recv-cache-fixes

Zach Brown (8):
      RDS/IB: use IS_ERR() to check for errors from rdma_create_id()
      REBASE: RDS/IB: unsigned cache head count
      REBASE: RDS/IB: actually exchange
      REBASE: RDS/IB: use list_head functions for refill lists
      REBASE: RDS/IB: really move xfer list to the ready list
      REBASE: RDS/IB: don't iterate over null list_head pointers
      REBASE: RDS/IB: don't leak percpu on allocation failure
      REBASE: RDS/IB: rename inc's cache entry

 net/rds/ib.c      |    2 +-
 net/rds/ib.h      |    4 +-
 net/rds/ib_cm.c   |    6 +-