[rds-devel] Has anyone tried RDS on IA64 Linux?

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at voltaire.com
Tue Apr 29 06:59:19 PDT 2008

Olaf Kirch wrote:
> Yes - we're talking of two different issues.
>
> Pradeep probably needs to decrease the FMR pool size, so that iommu slots
> get freed up in time The issue you raised should be addressed by using dma_sync calls, I think
It seems that now we have two issues
(1) code correctness for which the dma_sync calls would serve
(2) not filling the system I/O MMU with slots that could have been freed.

Smaller FMR pool will solve the second, but maybe better if rds would
issue dma_unmap after the RDMA is over and before the memory is
unregistered?

Or.