[rds-devel] Has anyone tried RDS on IA64 Linux?

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Tue Apr 29 06:42:56 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 15:28:12 Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Olaf Kirch wrote:
> > I don't think a dma unmap is really required. But you're right,
> > this code needs dma_sync_* calls in a number of places.
> dma unmap isn't required for the CPU to touch the buffer, but I think it
> is required to free the slots at the I/O MMU used for the pages of this
> transaction, which seems not less important issue to solve.

Yes - we're talking of two different issues.

Pradeep probably needs to decrease the FMR pool size, so that iommu slots
get freed up in time.

The issue you raised should be addressed by using dma_sync calls, I think

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax