[rds-devel] Has anyone tried RDS on IA64 Linux?

Olaf Kirch olaf.kirch at oracle.com
Tue Apr 29 07:12:12 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 15:59:19 Or Gerlitz wrote:
> Smaller FMR pool will solve the second, but maybe better if rds would
> issue dma_unmap after the RDMA is over and before the memory is
> unregistered?

What if the remote node is buggy and issues a RDMA WRITE to this
R_Key? The key will still be valid, there will be DMA addresses
in the HCA's MTT, but the IOMMU slots corresponding to these
addresses have long been assigned someone else, say the disk
I/O subsystem. Farewell file system... :-)

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch  |  --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
okir at lst.de |    / | \   sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax