[rds-devel] RDS code in OFED 1.3

Richard Frank richard.frank at oracle.com
Tue Nov 13 10:46:14 PST 2007

RDS version 1.3 adds additional interfaces - it does not break the RDS
1.2 interface in any way.

RDS 1.3 is the 1.2 RDS driver (assuming all patches have been applied)
with the additional interfaces - nothing is changed for the normal
reliable send / recv operations.

Oracle 11g will run on 1.3 with no changes.

Additionally, currently there is no new wire protocol changes for RDS 1.3.

Our current plan is to have the zero copy features stable for 1.3 release.

If for some reason the zero copy interfaces are not stable - then we can
set 1.3 to run as 1.2 interface only.