[Ocfs2-users] df showing wrong size

Patrick J. LoPresti lopresti at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 07:57:09 PDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 11:17 PM, Garcia, Raymundo
<Raymundo.Garcia at philips.com> wrote:
> Hello… it was put under my attention that a partition we have in one of our
> production system was displaying wrong size with df command…. 123 GB… but in
> fact the size of all the files is a mere 15 GB…. What is going on? Shall we
> use ocfs.fsck to fix that? Is strange…

As others have mentioned, this could be still-open files that have
been deleted.  It could also be that ocfs2 is leaking free space.  I
thought journaling file systems didn't have "orphan" files after
reboot, but I could be wrong.

I think I have seen ocfs2 leak free space even during normal
operation, but I am still working on reproducing it.

If you do run fsck.ocfs2 -- you probably want to use "fsck.ocfs2 -fy"
-- could you please send the output to the list?

Thanks.

 - Pat