[Ocfs2-users] df showing wrong size

Tao Ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Sun Jun 27 23:58:52 PDT 2010

Hi Garcia,

On 06/28/2010 02:17 PM, Garcia, Raymundo wrote:

> Hello… it was put under my attention that a partition we have in one of
> our production system was displaying wrong size with df command…. 123
> GB… but in fact the size of all the files is a mere 15 GB…. What is
> going on? Shall we use ocfs.fsck to fix that? Is strange…
123GB is the total size of the used size?
df use statfs(2) to check the size, so in general, you will get the used
size for the whole volume(including some files that haven't been freed
and stayed in orphan dir).

15GB is what you get from du I guess?
du will iterate the dir and check it. So it only contains the size for
every visible file, not including orphan files.

Regards,
Tao