[Ocfs2-users] servers blocked on ocfs2

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Dec 10 11:38:04 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 08:42:19AM +0100, frank wrote:
> Hi Joel, thanks for your answer,
> usually when the cable is unplugged it appears messages related to link,
> and there isn't. I thought in a OpenVZ issue also, but I don't find any
> evidence of that.

	Yeah, I'm just wondering what could make traffic not pass over
the link.

> There is a dedicated link as a mentioned, used for OCFS2 and
> heartbeat/Pacemaker; may be last one hampered the interface.

	I don't see how either one would have hampered the interface.
If no other traffic (iSCSI, http, whatever) is over that interface,
there just shouldn't be that much.

> Anyway, if there was a cut in the heartbeat or something similar, one of
> the nodes should have fenced itself, haven't it? Why did the nodes
> stall? Can we avoid that?

	If both nodes saw the network go down, but the disk heartbeat
was still working, the higher node should have fenced.  Was there no
fencing?  Was it just both nodes hung?  How were they hung?  All
operation, or just ocfs2 operations?

Joel

--

"War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left."

Joel Becker
Senior Development Manager
Oracle
E-mail: joel.becker at oracle.com