[Ocfs2-users] servers blocked on ocfs2

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Fri Dec 10 11:40:09 PST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:38:04AM -0800, Joel Becker wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 08:42:19AM +0100, frank wrote:
> > Anyway, if there was a cut in the heartbeat or something similar, one of
> > the nodes should have fenced itself, haven't it? Why did the nodes
> > stall? Can we avoid that?
>
> 	If both nodes saw the network go down, but the disk heartbeat
> was still working, the higher node should have fenced.  Was there no
> fencing?  Was it just both nodes hung?  How were they hung?  All
> operation, or just ocfs2 operations?

	Oh, I see.  While node 0 was waiting for node 1 to kill itself,
node 1 managed to reconnect.  The invalid lock stuff was weird, though.
After this, did all operation resume to normal, or were many operations
permanently frozen?

Joel

--

"Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."
        - Albert Einstein

Joel Becker
Senior Development Manager
Oracle