[Ocfs2-users] servers blocked on ocfs2

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Thu Dec 9 11:23:36 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 11:10:58AM +0100, frank wrote:
> we have recently started to use ocfs2 on some RHEL 5.5 servers (ocfs2-1.4.7)
> Some days ago, two servers sharing an ocfs2 filesystem, and with
> quite virtual services, stalled, in what it seems on ocfs2 issue.
> This are the lines in their messages files:
>
> =====node heraclito (0)========================================
> /Dec  4 09:15:06 heraclito kernel: o2net: connection to node
> parmenides (num 1) at 192.168.1.2:7777 has been idle for 30.0
> seconds, shutting it down.

<snip>

> As you can see, it seems problem started at same time in both nodes.
> This nodes have a crossover cable on a dedicated eth interface in
> the private net 192.168.1.0; we use OpenVZ on these hosts, so kernel
> is OpenVZ patched and we recompiled ocfs2 sources to get apropiated
> ocfs2 modules.

	The network connection went down or stalled.  The first question
I would have is whether the cable was unplugged or otherwise hampered?
Could OpenVZ have closed off that network connection for a bit, or could
an admin have accidentally shut it down?  Is there other traffic on the
cable that might have caused o2cb messaging to be stalled?

Joel

--

"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you
 want to do."

Joel Becker
Senior Development Manager
Oracle