[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 hosting and running binaries

Sunil Mushran sunil.mushran at oracle.com
Tue Jun 9 13:20:24 PDT 2009

Sure. One can use ocfs2 to host almost anything. The one exception
is the crs_home. crs_home needs to be on a local volume.

OCFS 1.2/1.4 has two limits. Like ext3, the number of sub-directories in _a_
directory cannot exceed 32000. (There is no limit to the number of subdirs
in a volume.) The other limit is the volume size. Currently max is 16T.
There is no limit to the number of files in a volume. (The two limits have
been relaxed in mainline for few kernel versions.)

As far as performance goes, I have yet to see a benchmark that shows ocfs2
slower than gfs/gfs2.

For certification, please check metalink.

Sunil