[Ocfs2-users] (no subject)

Andrew Phillips Andrew.Phillips at betfair.com
Mon Sep 1 12:36:35 PDT 2008

Hello,

 We just experienced a hang that looks superficially very similar to
http://www.mail-archive.com/ocfs2-users@oss.oracle.com/msg02359.html

 There are 3 nodes in the cluster ocfs2-1.4.1 rhel 5.2. Versions, uname's
in the attached text file which also includes fs_locks dumps and various
other diagnostics.

The lock up happened when we were restarting a java application that
was writing to the /journal directory, being read by another java app
on a second node.  Restarting the machine that the
jvm was running on did not help - indicating a locking issue.

ls of the directory hangs the process on the machine that was writing.
An ls on the machine that was reading initially worked. An rm command
on the reader then caused that to lock up as well.

Here's an extract showing what they're waiting on.

 2222 D    bash            ocfs2_wait_for_mask
 2282 Zl   java <defunct>  exit
 2567 Zl   java <defunct>  exit
 2736 D    ls              ocfs2_wait_for_mask
 2770 D    ls              ocfs2_wait_for_mask

Andy