[Ocfs2-users] migration methods (ocfs <-> ocfs2)

Tiger Yang tiger.yang at oracle.com
Mon Sep 1 00:51:55 PDT 2008

Mehmet Can ÖNAL wrote:

> 1)       If we are using fscp fort he migration method can we use fscp
> to pass data from ocfs to ocfs2. is fscp biwise, it can copy either ocfs
> to ocfs2 and also ocfs2 to ocfs?

According to the FAQ of OCFS2, OCFS only works on 2.4 kernels and OCFS2
only works on 2.6 kernels. So you can't mount both of them on the same
machine simultaneously. But you can access OCFS volume on 2.6 kernels by
fscat, fsls and fscp. So you can only cope files from OCFS to OCFS2.

> 2)       For backup/restore the doubt is the same. We can restore ocfs
> backup to an ocfs2, could we also restore ocfs2 backup to an ocfs volume?

Same as above.

thanks,
tiger