[Ocfs2-users] Unable to start cluster with one node

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Mon May 12 19:46:55 PDT 2008

Hi Tao,

> nt a file system without any change in the configuration. So you may
> try to mount it. If there is any problem, please paste the error
> message here. Thanks.

I tried to create a filesystem on a unused DRBD block device...
mkfs.ocfs2 seemed to work okay, but it won't mount.

# mount /mnt/mirror2
ocfs2_hb_ctl: I/O error on channel while starting heartbeat
mount.ocfs2: Error when attempting to run /sbin/ocfs2_hb_ctl: "Operation
not permitted"

Another ocfs2 filesystem which was built earlier seems happy, however
the two nodes were working together then.

David