[Ocfs2-users] Require add extra 2 nodes into ocfs2 file system

Zosen Wang zosen.wang at ameripride.org
Tue Jan 22 12:43:13 PST 2008

I need add extra 2 nodes into current 3 nodes ocfs2 file system which means 5 nodes share this file system after it. I
think this file system creates by mkfs.ocfs2 -b .. -N 4 .. which only allows 4 nodes.

Questions:

1.     How to verify parameter when this file system created? In this case, it is 4 nodes.

2.     I assume I have to recreate the files system which will lost contains, if I use mkfs.ocfs2 recreate number of
node slots (-n 10).

3.     Can I add extra 2 node slots without using mkfs.ocfs2 or lost data on this file system?

Thanks in advance

Zosen Wang