[Ocfs2-users] Current state: OCFS2 kernel supported

Joel Becker Joel.Becker at oracle.com
Tue Jan 15 11:58:26 PST 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 02:39:06PM -0500, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
>> opensuse ships with ocfs2. Better if you use a newer kernel 2.6.22.
>
> I know that opensuse ships with ocfs2 and that it is in the mainline
> kernel, but I didn't ask that. I asked if the current version of
> ocfs2(1.2.7) source would build against opensuse's 2.6.16.13 or
> 2.6.22.13  kernel. Anyone?

	ocfs2 1.2.7 is not the "current" version.  It's the current
release against enterprise distribution kernels.  OpenSuSE is not one of
those.  ocfs2 1.2.7 is very unlikely to build against 2.6.16.13.  If you
want to spend the time, I'm sure you can make it work, but we aren't
going to put forth that effort.
	Better would be to just run the version that comes with
2.6.22.13.  Don't bother with building 1.2.7 against 2.6.22.13, use the
included ocfs2.  It has all the bug fixes plus more features.

Joel

--

"If you are ever in doubt as to whether or not to kiss a pretty girl,
 give her the benefit of the doubt"

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle