[Ocfs2-users] mixed environment / why is setting up an oracle cluster on windows so hard?

Nicola Fankhauser nicola.fankhauser at variant.ch
Thu Feb 7 07:39:53 PST 2008

hi saar

thanks for your support. I will have a look at the links you provided,
and hopefully succeed at installing the thing on on windows.

Saar Maoz wrote:
> Not sure if you are a Windows or Linux user or both.. but I've met a few
> Windows users that found the Linux world confusing and vice versa..

I know both worlds, and was surprised that installing a cluster on linux
was so much easier.

> This ocfs2-users mailing list is for the open source Linux
> implementation of OCFS2..

I know; since I have a mixed linux/windows environment I would like to
integrate windows nodes into the cluster. are there any particularities
when trying this? I did not find any information regarding this topic...

thanks & regards
nicola