[Ocfs2-users] mixed environment / why is setting up an oracle cluster on windows so hard?

Saar Maoz Saar.Maoz at oracle.com
Thu Feb 7 05:49:32 PST 2008

Nicola,

I think the key is to get a hold of a good install guide. At times the
general Oracle install guides cover many options and so for an initial RAC
install it might be hard/confusing.  Try this guide for 10g, hosted on
this website:

http://www.microsoft-oracle.com/oracledb/Pages/Whitepapers.aspx

Direct link to PDF is:

http://www.jobcestbon.com/oracle/RacOnWindows.pdf

Not sure if you are a Windows or Linux user or both.. but I've met a few
Windows users that found the Linux world confusing and vice versa..  In
any event, hope this guide will get your install going, and if you have
any Oracle RAC Windows install issues you might try the OTN RAC forum at:

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=140

This ocfs2-users mailing list is for the open source Linux implementation
of OCFS2..

Good luck,

Saar.

--
  ((  /\\  /\\ ||)  |\V/| /\\ /\\ >/ Consulting Software Engineer