[Ocfs2-users] mixed environment / why is setting up an oracle cluster on windows so hard?

Saar Maoz Saar.Maoz at oracle.com
Thu Feb 7 08:02:07 PST 2008

Nicola,

I missed the fact that you are using Windows XP. That's not a server
edition, so I wouldn't be surprised if you run into strange issues while
attemping a RAC install on it.  Oracle and specifically RAC goes through a
lot of effort to certify products against Enterprise/Server releases of
the OS's. Try Windows 2000, 2003, etc. as per the RAC requirements.

Regarding mixed OS's in the same cluster, that is not supported and will
not work.

Enjoy,

Saar.

--
  ((  /\\  /\\ ||)  |\V/| /\\ /\\ >/ Consulting Software Engineer