[Ocfs2-users] Did anything substantial change between 1.2.4 and 1.3.9?

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 08:35:23 PDT 2008

On 4/21/08, Tao Ma <tao.ma at oracle.com> wrote:
> mike wrote:
> > I have changed my kernel back to 2.6.22-14-server, and now I don't get
> > the kernel panics. It seems like an issue with 2.6.24-16 and some i/o
> > made it crash...
> >

> OK, so it seems that it is a bug for ocfs2 kernel, not the ocfs2-tools. :)
> Then could you please describe it in more detail about how the kernel panic
> happens?

Yeah, this specific issue seems like a kernel issue.

I don't know, these are production systems and I am already getting
angry customers. I can't really test anymore. Both are standard Ubuntu
kernels.

Okay: 2.6.22-14-server (I think still minor file access issues)
Breaks under load: 2.6.24-16-server

> > However I am still getting file access timeouts once in a while. I am
> > nervous about putting more load on the setup.
> >

> Also please provide more details about it.

I am using nginx for a frontend load balancer, and nginx for a
webserver as well. This doesn't seem to be related to the webserver at
all though, it was happening before this.

lvs01 proxies traffic in to web01, web02, and web03 (currently using
nginx, before I was using LVS/ipvsadm)

Every so often, one of the webservers sends me back