[Ocfs2-users] Did anything substantial change between 1.2.4 and 1.3.9?

Tao Ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Mon Apr 21 07:31:22 PDT 2008

mike wrote:
> I have changed my kernel back to 2.6.22-14-server, and now I don't get
> the kernel panics. It seems like an issue with 2.6.24-16 and some i/o
> made it crash...

OK, so it seems that it is a bug for ocfs2 kernel, not the ocfs2-tools. :)
Then could you please describe it in more detail about how the kernel
panic happens?
> However I am still getting file access timeouts once in a while. I am
> nervous about putting more load on the setup.

Also please provide more details about it.

> [root at raid01 .batch]# cat /etc/default/o2cb
>
> # O2CB_ENABLED: 'true' means to load the driver on boot.
> O2CB_ENABLED=true
>
> # O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER: If not empty, the name of a cluster to start.
> O2CB_BOOTCLUSTER=mycluster
>
> # O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD: Iterations before a node is considered dead.
> O2CB_HEARTBEAT_THRESHOLD=7

This value is a little smaller, so how did you build up your shared
disk(iSCSI or ...)? The most common value I heard of is 61. It is about
120 secs. I don't know the reason and maybe Sunil can tell you. ;)
You can also refer to
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/dist/documentation/ocfs2_faq.html#TIMEOUT.