[Ocfs2-users] Did anything substantial change between 1.2.4 and 1.3.9?

Tao Ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Mon Apr 21 02:02:33 PDT 2008

Hi Mike,
	Are you sure it is caused by the update of ocfs2-tools?
AFAIK, the ocfs2-tools only include tools like mkfs, fsck and tunefs
etc. So if you don't make any change to the disk(by using this new
tools), it shouldn't cause the problem of kernel panic since they are
all user space tools.
Then there is only one thing maybe. Have you modify
/etc/sysconfig/o2cb(This is the place for RHEL, not sure the place in
ubuntu)? I have checked the rpm package for RHEL, it will update
/etc/sysconfig/o2cb and this file has some timeouts defined in it.
So do you have some backups for this file? If yes, please restore it to
see whether it helps(I can't say it for sure).
If not, do you remember the old value of some timeouts you set for
ocfs2? If yes, you can use o2cb configure to set them by yourself.

Good Luck.

Regards,
Tao