[Ocfs2-users] OCFSv2 in a mail cluster environment

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Thu Mar 15 17:27:31 PDT 2007

> SLES9 SP3 did have OCFS2. We've been shipping it since SLES9 SP2.

Incorrect. Promised in SP2, shipped with SP2 + few upgrades after it. Stable
(really stable, not _promised by managers_ but really working, through I
stil don't see stability enough for primary production servers, partially
because of OCFSv2 problems by design)  since SP3 build 283 (last online
update).

> SLES10 GA branch had the OCFS2 bug fixed.

Aga; see how many unhappy users tried it and failed into the numerous
problems (including fully broken in one of online updates).

> SLES10 + heartbeat + OCFS2 is pretty darn stable as well. Please, stop
Wish me to instal it and find a bug in 1 week? Are you ready for such test??
Serious - may be I can do it next week,
and I can try it @ home (have 2 x x86_64 computers, FC cards, JBOD disks, 1
GB memory each... so I can try).

Which update should I take -= SLES10 GE? Or SLES10 SP1 Beta4 is better?