[Ocfs2-users] OCFSv2 in a mail cluster environment

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Thu Mar 15 13:13:30 PDT 2007

On 2007-03-13T11:08:47, Alexei_Roudnev <Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com> wrote:

> PS. When working with SLES, don't forget to upgrade. SLES9 SP3 had not OCFS,
> SLES9 SP3 kernel 282 had few OCFSv2 bugs,m and last kernel #283 have a very
> stable OCFSv2 version.

SLES9 SP3 did have OCFS2. We've been shipping it since SLES9 SP2.

SLES10 GA branch had the OCFS2 bug fixed.

Indeed, SLES10 SP1 will be a lot better by the time it comes out, that's
why we're releasing it. ;-)

> SLES10 OCFS - I know that Novell have a lab testing SLES10 + evms +
> heartbeat2 + OCFSv2, but we don't know hos succesfull are they making
> it all stable enough for production.

SLES10 + heartbeat + OCFS2 is pretty darn stable as well. Please, stop
spreading FUD, and if you have bugs which you really care about, you
should have a support contract which will entitle you to getting them
fixed at priority.

Regards,
	Lars