[Ocfs2-users] 4 node shared storage.

Jon Gabrielson jonyahoo at directfreight.com
Thu Jun 21 14:26:29 PDT 2007

> What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I have 4 servers that each have a second harddrive.
I thought that if I did a 4 way share that all reads
could be done locally and only writes done over the
network to increase performance and reliability as then
each of the 4 servers have a full local copy of all the data.

> I have a makeshift SAN that uses iSCSI to export a raid set. I have DRBD
installed to replicate the data to
> second machine as a failover device. The DRBD device is what is actually
> exported via iSCSI (/dev/drbd0), and the nodes (2 right now) use OCFS2 so
> that they can both make use of the same filesystem. So, in all, I have 4
> machines - 2 for storage, 2 for serving files. On the storage nodes, I do
> NOT mount the filesystem being exported. It's not a real safe idea.
>
> Hope that helps somehow...

This looks like what I'm probably going to have to do as well but I
was trying to avoid both dedicated storage nodes as well as having the
storage node potentionally becoming the bottleneck.