[Ocfs2-users] 4 node shared storage.

CA Lists lists at creativeanvil.com
Thu Jun 21 13:34:28 PDT 2007

>> iSCSI and AoE don't have a limitation to one drive that I
>> know of.  That would be really silly.
>
> I ment that only one node can be doing the exporting.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? I have a makeshift SAN that uses
iSCSI to export a raid set. I have DRBD installed to replicate the data to a
second machine as a failover device. The DRBD device is what is actually
exported via iSCSI (/dev/drbd0), and the nodes (2 right now) use OCFS2 so
that they can both make use of the same filesystem. So, in all, I have 4
machines - 2 for storage, 2 for serving files. On the storage nodes, I do
NOT mount the filesystem being exported. It's not a real safe idea.

Hope that helps somehow...