[Ocfs2-users] Best way to use multiple ocvfs2 volumes

ballester.david at gmail.com ballester.david at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:28:29 PDT 2007

El vie, 15-06-2007 a las 10:53 -0400, Marcos E. Matsunaga escribió:
> Randy,
>
> You can either create multiple partitions in a volume and mount them
> or just use the whole volume, it doesn't matter. Make sure the disks .

Agree, but I think that for intensive I/O is better to divide load again
several partitions, 'cause ( correct me if I'm wrong ) any filesystem
has a throughput limit - some filesystem algorithm will have this limit
of 'digestible' data more or less high than other filesystem algorithm -
for example, we had 8 nodes eating from only one ocfs ( V 1 ) partition
and couldn't give us more than 30 k per second ( one or several nodes at
same time ) and we 'solved it' creating more ocfs filesystems and
spreading data onto them.

Regards

D.