[Ocfs2-users] Best way to use multiple ocvfs2 volumes

Marcos E. Matsunaga Marcos.Matsunaga at oracle.com
Fri Jun 15 07:53:02 PDT 2007

Randy,

You can either create multiple partitions in a volume and mount them or
just use the whole volume, it doesn't matter. Make sure the disks are
accessible on all nodes, define your cluster, format and mount. Works
just like other FS, with the exception of the cluster part.

A single cluster can handle a large number of partitions without problem.

Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What would be the best way to implement multi-use of a ocfs2 cluster?
>
> We need to have several (2-4) different mount points that provide
> clustered data for different services. I don't think we can have 2
> different clusters on 1 machine so would mounting multiple ocfs2
> partitions/volumes for each of these services on the same cluster work?
> Or what would be the best way to handle this?
>
> We could use 1 large volume with multiple partitions or several volumes
> with a partition/raw device.
>
> Thanks,
> Randy Ramsdell

Regards,