[Ocfs2-users] Question about taking down a cluster

Brandon Lamb brandonlamb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 23:08:20 PST 2007

Can someone correct me on my understanding of the order to take down a cluster?

Lets say I have a server exporting a drive via iscsi, and 4 nodes
connecting to it.

Now I want to shutdown all my machines to do maintenance or what have you.

So I shutdown one, then two. But how does the quorum(sp?) work? If I
am down to only 2 servers up and running will they fence? I read
something about the lowest number node having more votes or something
like that?

Do I need to shut my nodes down in reverse order of what node # they
are in the cluster.conf so that the node id 0 is the last of the nodes
to be shut down?

Or am I just completely off on all of this?