[Ocfs2-users] Also just a comment to the Oracle guys

Mark Fasheh mark.fasheh at oracle.com
Tue Jan 30 22:32:47 PST 2007

Hi Brandon,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 06:59:50PM -0800, Brandon Lamb wrote:
> so today I installed a new linux-2.6.19.2 kernel with ocsfs2 modules,
> installed iscsi-target on a test server using a 500g sata drive and
> then installed the ocsfs2-tools-1.2.2 rpm on two FC6 machines and got
> it all working in one work day today. I had to do a little messing
> around with the configs and iscsi stuff, and figuring out to increase
> the heartbeat timeout to prevent self fencing and stuff, but once that
> was done it was pretty cool.

Yes, the heartbeat timeouts is definitely something that people hit often.
We're looking to change some defaults in a future release (as a first step -
there's more to be done there). In the meantime, 2.6.20 will have the
ability to let the user configure network timeouts, so that might help folks
hitting those.

> So heres a good job on keeping things pretty damn simple! Install a
> kernel and one rpm and make a configuration file and thats about all
> it took. Very nice!

Thanks for all the kind words. We really do appreciate them :) Simple
configuration was one of our design goals, so it's good to hear that it's
working out.

> Im looking forward to doing a bunch of testing tomorrow after i do an
> entire clean os install on all the machines and see if i run into any
> problems.

Cool. If you hit any problems, feel free to mail this list (and file a
bugzilla please).
	--Mark

--
Mark Fasheh