[Ocfs2-users] Internal logic error adding node

Susan Wilson smwilson at hpc.unm.edu
Fri Aug 24 09:06:27 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a 2 node RAC cluster running SLES10-SP1 and a 3rd node also
running the same OS.  The RAC servers communicate over a private
connection on a 10.1.1.x network.  The 3rd node is to be a web
server, but is not currently connected to this private network.
Hence the cluster.conf is different on the 3rd node, in that the ip
addresses for the 2 RAC nodes are public and I'm not sure if this is
the cause of my problem.  That is cluster.conf:  on the 2 RAC nodes,
2 addresses private, one public; on the 3rd node 3 addresses public.

On the 3rd node, ocfs2console "sees" the files on the fiber that the
RAC nodes have mounted, but when I attempt to enable o2cb I get
errors.  Here's the output of o2cb commands:

delphi3:/etc/init.d # ./o2cb status
Module "configfs": Loaded
Filesystem "configfs": Mounted
Module "ocfs2_nodemanager": Loaded
Module "ocfs2_dlm": Loaded
Module "ocfs2_dlmfs": Loaded
Filesystem "ocfs2_dlmfs": Mounted
Checking O2CB cluster ocfs2: Offline

delphi3:/etc/init.d # ./o2cb enable
Writing O2CB configuration: OK
Starting O2CB cluster ocfs2: Failed
Cluster ocfs2 created
Node delphi1 added
Node delphi2 added
o2cb_ctl: Internal logic failure while adding node delphi3

Stopping O2CB cluster ocfs2: OK

Here's other pertinent information:

delphi3:/etc/init.d # rpm -qa | grep ocfs
ocfs2console-1.2.3-0.7
ocfs2-tools-1.2.3-0.7
ocfs2-tools-devel-1.2.3-0.7
delphi3:/etc/init.d # uname -a
Linux delphi3 2.6.16.46-0.14-smp #1 SMP Thu May 17 14:00:09 UTC 2007
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Thanks,
Susan
Lovin' the baseball as long as the Yanks are winning.
[awilson '07]