[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 mount problem at Linux reboot when devicenames are non persistent.

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Fri Aug 24 10:49:33 PDT 2007

I complained about this 'hotplug' many month ago. We can't and we should not
going to partition SAN devices (because it is 100% waste of time, space,
disk aligments and complicated management) and so I just added module to
mount _netdev devices into the SLES10 instead of playing with dumb and
broken 'hotplug'.

To compare - in RHEL you are expected to assign the whole disk to LVM by
running pvgropup commands. In SLES, you are exp[ected to create a partition
and then assign it. It cause many problems and adds complexity.