[Ocfs2-users] lvm2 not cluster aware - okay, so how should Istripe my LUNs?

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Nov 15 23:30:30 PST 2006

On 2006-10-25T22:06:05, Fabio Corazza <fabio at newbay.com> wrote:

Sorry for picking up on an old thread as well ;-)

> as possible across the nodes. I think this would be the better way to
> go, so that the OCFS2 team can concentrate on something else rather than
> the network heartbeat functionalities which can be managed by the more
> mature Heartbeat framework. This is my rough opinion. I also have to
> admit that configuring an Heartbeat cluster would be way more
> complicated compared to the simplistic OCFS2 configuration. Just my
> 2cents, don't take me wrong.

We need to make this easier. It's planned that mkfs.ocfs2, mount, umount
et cetera get modified to hook into the cluster tools as well, so that
the admin can just issue the commands he is used to; the plan would be
that they automatically create the required CIB snippets to do that.

I also like this separation of concerns, but the integration isn't
perfect yet: we still need to improve the interface. Right now, it's
always exec'ing resource agents, and this is too costly...

> By the way, did Novell ever release those patches to the community? Me
> and possibly other people would be very interested to try them out.

Jeff and Andrew are working on merging them upstream.

As all our code is open source, you can of course just grab them from
our packages, as well.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
SUSE Labs, Research and Development
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - A Novell Business	 -- Charles Darwin