[Ocfs2-users] SUSE Patches

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.de
Wed Nov 15 23:53:44 PST 2006

On 2006-10-20T14:11:44, Alexei_Roudnev <Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com> wrote:

> 2 sets of patches required:
> - last OCFS changes (or backport ocfs patches)
> - Async IO bug.

Yes, these are available as PTFs.

The latest 1.2.3 will also be in the next maintenance release.

The async IO error propagation bug is difficult to phase into SP3, as it
breaks the kABI. You can ask for it (if there's enough demand, we might
take the kABI hit and release it for SP3 as well, but then others will
complain as well).

> I wonder, when we can see SP4 for SLES9 (which is smuch more important
> than any improvements for SLES10, which is  mainly experimental
> version)?

SLES10 is _not_ experimental!

SP4 is still quite far out, I think Q3/Q4 next year - it will, for the
largest part, just be a consolidation of the patches released so far.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--
SUSE Labs, Research and Development
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH - A Novell Business	 -- Charles Darwin