[Ocfs2-users] Newbie questions -- is OCFS2 what I even want?

Thad Beier thadbeier at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 16:36:15 PST 2006

Dear Sirs and Madams,

I run a small visual effects production company, Hammerhead Productions.

We'd like to have an easily extensible inexpensive relatively
high-performance
storage network using open-source components.  I was hoping that OCFS2
would be that system.

I have a half-dozen 2 TB fileservers I'd like the rest of the network to see
as a single 12 TB disk, with the aggregate throughput of the six servers
serving some 50 compute nodes on the network.

Is this what OCFS2 is for, or not?  My guess is that it isn't, but I'm
having
a hard time parsing the documentation.  If it isn't what OCFS2 is for, what
am I looking for?

Thanks,

Thad Beier

--