[Ocfs2-users] Newbie questions -- is OCFS2 what I even want?

Eckenfels. Bernd B.Eckenfels at seeburger.de
Fri Nov 3 17:17:29 PST 2006

Hello,

you could use OCFS2 for it, however you will need to reconfigure your
storage: The Disks must be available to all Servers (in a SAN for
example). You could maybe do something with network devices (iSCSI) but
I guess thats not the perfect throughput.

The question is if your clients who access the file will directly be
part of the OCFS2 cluster (direct access to the SAN which is fast but
expensve), or if you have a limited number of OCFS2 nodes exorting a
network filesystem like NFS or (maybe) samba to your workstations.

Gruss
Bernd