[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 and device-mapper

Stephan Hendl Stephan.Hendl at lds.brandenburg.de
Fri Aug 18 00:46:16 PDT 2006

Hello all,

are there any issues concerning ocfs2 (v 1.2.3) and device-mapper-multipath-0.4.5-12.0.RHEL4?

I've build a 4 node cluster with two ocfs2 mounts on /dev/dm-0 and /dev/dm-1. Under heavy load the nodes dies after about two minutes reproducably ;-(( Once I've loaded the ocfs2 modules it seems to me that both modules (device-mapper-multipath related as well as ocfs related) are affecting each other. During the time of loading the ocfs modules there went some multipath-paths away and came back again after completing the ocfs module load.

Regards,
Stephan

Dr. Stephan Hendl
Systemmanagement