[Ocfs2-users] OCFS2 over DRBDv8

Alexei_Roudnev Alexei_Roudnev at exigengroup.com
Fri Aug 18 10:34:04 PDT 2006

Yes, o2cb will reboot one or 2 nodes.

Are you sure, that system wil recover in normal state after all this,
including ocfs2 and DRDB?

Another problem is that, in case of network glitch, you wil have both,
interconnection lost and heartbeat delay, on second node (or on all nodes).
Are you sure, that o2cb will understand such situation correctly?

I mean that using DRBD makes direct dependency between drdb device access
time and o2cb interconnections time, so
it put ocfs2 stack in untested and very unusual situation. I can bet, tht it
wil end up in cluster failure with 90% probability (if cluster lost
interconnection for relatively short time, say - 30 sconds with 12 secondr
heartbeat timeout for example).

If you read Oracle, they show that DRDB do not satisfy to requirements for
RAC cluster derundancy (in some scenarios).
OCFS2 is even wort because it will use o2cb heartbeat thru DBDB and have
much shorter timeouts (some of which are not configurable in old versions at
all).

So. It should work in the lab, allow to test many things, but don't try to
test interconnection failures on it.