[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 <-> 10G (10.2.01) Clusterware

Marcos E. Matsunaga Marcos.Matsunaga at oracle.com
Fri Sep 23 09:17:15 CDT 2005

Ok.. I thought it wasn't a cold install, that's why I asked you to check
the /etc/oracle/ocr.loc file. Since it is a cold install, the file
should not be there.

Here is how it should work.

During install, the Oracle Installer will look for the file
/etc/oracle/ocr.loc. If it does exist, then it will use it. If it
doesn't, you will ask you to inform the location of the OCR and VOTING
files during the installation. In this case, if you choose to create the
files at /ocfs2 (/dev/sdb1), it will look for the files at the same
location on the remote node.  If it can't get the results, it will
return the error you are getting.

One thing that must be working in order for it to work, is ssh. You
should be able to ssh to your node and to the remote node without
password. If it prompts you for password or it is unable to connect to
the remote node, then it may also return the error.

Can you send the output of "mount -t ocfs2" from both nodes?

Regards,

Marcos Eduardo Matsunaga

Oracle
Corporate Architecture - Linux

5955 TG Lee Blvd Email     :  Marcos.Matsunaga at oracle.com
Orlando, FL 32822 Phone  :  (407)458-1710
Fax                                 :  (407)851-9093

A crisis is when you can't say "Let's forget the whole thing."
The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.