[Ocfs2-users] ocfs2 <-> 10G (10.2.01) Clusterware

John Minson jminson at scires.com
Fri Sep 23 09:19:34 CDT 2005

It works now .
I tried every thing but .
I even 'touched' a file and tried that . I never thought to  give the name of a non-existent file.
thanks for your help . I have been attempting to get this cw/rac/asm/linux setup to work since Monday and I'm getting a little burned out .

John

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 09:37:25AM -0400, John Minson wrote:
> [root at pink rc5.d]# mounted.ocfs2 -f
> Device                FS     Nodes
> /dev/sda1             ocfs2  green, pink
> /dev/sdb1             ocfs2  green, pink
> /dev/sdc1             ocfs2  Not mounted
>
> yet I continue to get the same reply from the installer when I tell it to use /dev/sdb1 as the OCR location .

	Did you specify "/dev/sdb1" as the OCR location?  You cannot
specify the physical partition when it is a filesystem!  You need to
specify a filename inside the mount.  That is, if /dev/sdb1 is mounted
on /oracle/mount2, you specify the OCR location as /oracle/mount2/ocr.
Something like that.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #157