[Ocfs2-tools-devel] Patch for journal truncate of ocfs2-tools.

tao.ma tao.ma at oracle.com
Sun May 13 17:43:51 PDT 2007

Marcos E. Matsunaga wrote:
> Tao,
>
> Sorry about the late. I ran into some problems and finally got to run
> some tests today with tunefs-test.sh and the truncate program. The
> tunefs seems to be working fine.  Didn't find any unexpected problem
> with it.
>
> With the truncate, I started the script. At first it was error because
> it doesn't have the test_truncate binary set in the script. I did
> that, and it started and I let it run. After a few hours running, it
> showed nothing at all, like it was frozen. Hitting enter where it was
> running, showed an fsck error. I tried again and it does the same soon
> after I hit enter. I don't know if that's the expected behavior, but I
> found a little weird.
I found the same problem as you when I ran it the first time. ;)
It may because that your test volume is too small. When we have
blocksize=4K and clustersize=1M(maybe smaller, it depends on the real
size of your volume) then you may have only one group descriptor in your
"//global_bitmap". So after the volume is formatted, fsck.ocfs2 will
find an error of "CHAIN_CPG"(You may try it by using -b 4K -C 1M to
format your volume and run fsck.ocfs2 immediatly after your format to
check whether this problem exists). I haven't added the option "-y" in
fsck.ocfs2 since a new-formatted volume shouldn't have any errors, and
that causes the program waiting for the input and looks like freeze. So
this problem isn't concerned with ocfs2_truncate and you may use a
larger volume(40G is enough) and have another try.

Sunil, I saw your comments in the function
"maybe_fix_clusters_per_group" about this problem, and I remembered
that  you added it for the offline resize. So we have to answer "n" for
this output in fsck.ocfs2, right?