[Ocfs2-tools-devel] Patch for journal truncate of ocfs2-tools.

Marcos E. Matsunaga Marcos.Matsunaga at oracle.com
Fri May 11 16:13:02 PDT 2007

Tao,

Sorry about the late. I ran into some problems and finally got to run
some tests today with tunefs-test.sh and the truncate program. The
tunefs seems to be working fine.  Didn't find any unexpected problem
with it.

With the truncate, I started the script. At first it was error because
it doesn't have the test_truncate binary set in the script. I did that,
and it started and I let it run. After a few hours running, it showed
nothing at all, like it was frozen. Hitting enter where it was running,
showed an fsck error. I tried again and it does the same soon after I
hit enter. I don't know if that's the expected behavior, but I found a
little weird.

Anyway, I'll need to do a little more experiments. I will probably be
able to do some over the weekend and Monday morning.

Will send you an update once I have done more tests.

--

Regards,

Marcos Eduardo Matsunaga

Oracle USA