[graalvm-users] Building substratevm, Graal 20.0 github, vanilla AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.6+10) HotSpot, Linux

Michal Karm michal.babacek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 00:07:00 PST 2020

Hello,

While I am able to build the compiler without issues,
I seem to be having difficulties building substratevm.

    karm at local:~/workspace/graal/graal/substratevm (20.0 %)$ mx build
    build: Checking SubstrateVM requirements for building ...
    Could not find any unresolved JVM_* symbols in static JDK libraries

I noticed this line in Graal's .travis.yml:

    # GR-16977
    #  - env: JDK="jdk11" GATE="build,test,helloworld" PRIMARY="substratevm"

And found:

    https://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk/jdk/rev/786a4824dba3

If I want to build the whole suite of Graal, including substratevm,
does it mean that I have to backport the aforementioned patch to OpenJDK 11,
build my own OpenJDK 11 and try again...?

Thanks for pointers / pun intended /

Cheers

K.

Michal Karm Babacek

--
Sent from my Hosaka Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7