[Firewire-devel] RE: [Firewire-users] 4 node firewire cluster

Han Xie han.xie at oz.quest.com
Tue May 17 23:29:16 CDT 2005

Thanks Bruce, ours says support 4 as well, but we can't get them all running.  The problem turned out to be an Oracle issue, maybe a bug.  Let's explain.

We got a wrong firewire card, and installed CRS, all 4 nodes run OK.  Then I installed Oracle RDBMS and it failed (due to the wrong hardware).  And we un-installed Oracle RDBMS.

We replaced the hardware, and can't get more than 2 nodes running at the same time.  (So I asked the question)  Now we found out this is because CSS daemon repeatedly checking the quorum disk and reboot.  We disable the CSS daemon and all 4 nodes are running happily now.

Before I installed Oracle RDBMS, CRS on all 4 nodes were running fine.  After I installed Oracle RDBMS (failed), and CRS started checking quorum disk and reboot.  Don't you think this is an Oracle issue?  What triggers CSS to start checking quorum disk?  Why reboot?

Cheers.
Han