[Tmem-devel] Implementing Transcendent Memory on Lguest

Dan Magenheimer dan.magenheimer at oracle.com
Mon Feb 8 10:22:36 PST 2010

Hi Nitin --

Nice!  I have been out of the office most of the last month so
am still getting unburied. :-(

Again admitting ignorance of virtio, I have two concerns, performance
and coherence, both assuming that there is some temporary storage
of the tmem data (e.g. in a "ring buffer" or equivalent).  Is
there any such temporary storage, or does the data always get
transferred directly to the hypervisor?

For example, for performance, a ring buffer would be an extra page
copy; for coherence, data stored in a ring buffer might not get
flushed by a tmem flush command.

Thanks,
Dan