[Tmem-devel] tmem centos kernel from downloads or from patch 2.6.18-194.11.1.el5xen

Vasiliy G Tolstov v.tolstov at selfip.ru
Tue Aug 17 11:48:28 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 07:31 -0700, Dan Magenheimer wrote:
> Hi Vasiliy --
>
> I am on vacation today so will respond more tomorrow.
>
> The oom-killer may be invoked if the balloon driver does
> not have the balloon driver code fragment that limits
> the minimum memory.

I'm use sles 11 sp1 on dom0 and try to use under centos 5.5 kernel from
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/tmem/dist/files/oel5u5/kernel-xen-2.6.18-194.3.1.0.2.el5.tmem.x86_64.rpm
but after boot and activating swap file it tryes to limit memory as
small as possible. And ooom-killer kills all daemons..

> > is that possible in new version of patch to do selfballooning and
> > shrinking without xenballoond userspace program? like now in centos and
> > redhat 2.6.18 in oracle rpm?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean "in new version of patch".
> The most recent patches in http://oss.oracle.com/projects/tmem/files/
> (dated in 2010) do the shrinking in the kernel.  (I should
> remove all the 2009 patches as they are very outdated now.)

Ok. This mean if i want to use debian, centos - i need to backport all
features from which versions of patch?
Latest i saw is
http://oss.oracle.com/projects/tmem/dist/files/RHEL6beta/kernel-2.6.32-19.el6.tmem.src.rpm ..
This is correct?